IT’S NOT OVER
Things are looking promising. Record numbers of early mail-in ballots are being received and counted:
- California has registered a record-high of 21 million voters this year
- This is the highest rate of registration since 1940
- 83% of eligible Californians are registered to vote
- Nearly two-thirds of the new registrations are millennials or Generation Y, born after 1996
My brother, who lives in Travis County, Texas, has reported:
- In 2016, 51% of registered voters voted early. 14% voted on Election Day. So, a 65% turnout.
- In 2020 SO FAR, 31% of registered voters have voted early in just the first 7 days of the 18 day early vote period. They are on track to surpass 50% by this weekend.
- They are predicted to exceed 2016’s returns by the end of Early Voting.
Increased voter turnout is always a good sign for Democrats, because there ARE more of us than there are of them. People are overcoming fatigue and Covid fears and voter suppression efforts to stand in lines for hours to make sure their vote is counted. The polls look good.
But it’s NOT over. It’s so far from over, it’s ridiculous. It’s not over till that big dummy flees the white house, scurrying after all the rats that have, and continue to, abandon his sinking ship.